The Lane, a special place.
Orange has a number of beautiful vineyards producing exceptional cool climate wines but the home of Nashdale Lane Wines is a bit ‘extra special’ (yes, slightly biased but hear me out!) for a number of reasons;
- Varieties on offer: we produce LOTS of different grapes that make a tonne of delicious wines! From the more standard varieties like Shiarz/ Sauvignon Blanc/ Chardonnay varieties to lesser known wines like Tempranillo, Pinot Gris, and Riesling.
- It’s not just vines: we are surrounded by other primary producers. This makes the Lane special. We are next door to one of the oldest family orchards in Orange (Thornbrook – check them out, the fruit they produce is amazing!) , cattle farms and olive groves. Food + Wine = yay!
- To-die-for views: from every angle of the vineyard there is a unique and amazing view to take in. From the stunning direct views out to the extinct volcano, Mount Canobolas, to views across two stunning large dams and neighbouring cattle farms – there are so many ‘ahhhhh’ moments to be had!
- Elevation: we’re up HIGH. At just under 900m above sea level we occupy a seriously elevated position and this altitude gives us a lot of benefits including the warm days/ cool nights we enjoy which gives our fruit (and in the end our wine!) more intense flavours or depth.
- There are a number of excellent dining out options within minutes (along with some great neighbouring cellar doors) including the area’s (and potentially NSW’s!) best, casual-chic farmhouse restaurant - Racine, as well as the traditional. home cook style Italian fare of Fiorinni’s.
- The business is owned and run by family. We are dedicated to producing exceptional quality, small batch wines that we are truly proud to put our names to!
- The people that live on and nearby to Nashdale Lane are genuinely amazing, warm human beings – making it not only an amazing place to visit but such a wonderful, happy home!
- Finally in today’s fast paced contemporary world where products are developed and then replaced waaaay too quickly we wanted to make/build something that takes time but would also last - something that has integrity and that perhaps (if we are really blessed) our children might feel as passionate about as we are. And if not then perhaps we can look back and think; that was one fun ride and damn the wines we produced were FINE…